At under 52 cents per day, your investment in your business as a member with the Hancock Chamber is one of the most cost-effective business tools available. Why? Because healthy, growing businesses rely on connections – with the community, with other businesses, and with clients and customers. As a member of the Hancock Chamber, you become part of a large and dynamic network, one that’s active in all aspects of community life.
Your membership dues give you access to dozens of other benefits. Take advantage of business startup assistance, or workshops and counseling to grow your company. Hone your leadership skills. Attend our networking events. Explore our free marketing opportunities. Meanwhile, you’ll be tapping into increased customer confidence: one study shows that 63% of people would rather do business with a local Chamber member.
It’s easy to apply on-line and become a member of the Hancock Chamber today. It’s one investment that you can count on to pay off in many ways.
Because the Hancock Chamber is a non-profit organization, we’re able to offer dozens of free benefits – as well as low-cost advertising and promotional opportunities not available elsewhere. As a member, you’ll receive:
Marketing & Visibility
• Your Business Listing on the Chamber’s online business directory – includes contact information and a link to your website.
• Your Business Listing on the Chamber’s mobile visitor information kiosks.
• Your Business Listing in the Annual Hancock Today Buyer’s Guide.
• Your Business Listing on the Chamber’s business directory on the Chamber’s mobile website.
• Your Business Listing in the Hancock Chamber section of the Sunshine Pages.
• The Chamber will follow your business on Facebook and Twitter.
• Your business brochures and/or business cards in the Chamber lobby and the Official Hancock Scenic Byways Visitor Center.
• Your events on the HancockChamber.org community calendar.
• Business Referrals by the Chamber staff via phone, office visitors, the online business directory, and social media sites.
• Opportunity to add additional business categories to your listing on the Chamber’s website.
• Eligible for “members only” discounts for business marketing opportunities through the Chamber’s events.
• Eligible for “members only” advertising discounts through the Chamber’s electronic marketing tools and three websites: hancockchamber.org, gulfcoastscenicbyways.com, and HancockMSMyhome.com
• Ability to post your discount coupons and special offers on the Chamber’s online business directory.
• “Members Only” ability to post to the Chamber’s social media sites.
• Ribbon cutting or ground breaking service for a new business including invites to the membership, posting to social media sites and the Chamber website, and public relations services.
• Authorized use of the Hancock Chamber logo in all your marketing and advertising.
• Hancock Chamber window decal to proudly display in your business.
• Subscriptions for your business to the weekly Chamber Checklist.
• Subscriptions for your business to the monthly Chamber News to Know.
• Access to demographic and retail data.
• Opportunity for Member to Member discounts for you and your employees.
• Complimentary or “members only” discounts to business development training workshops and seminars through the Chamber’s Business Resource Center.
• Complimentary use of the Chamber conference room based on availability.
• One on one meeting with Chamber staff to discuss how to maximize your Chamber membership.
Ever dream of changing the world? It happens little by little, person by person, deed by deed. To name a few recent examples, our Chamber member volunteers have had a major impact by helping to:
- Obtain a prestigious Scenic Byways state designation for 43 miles of Hancock County.
- Support the new INFINITY Science Center, which opened in April 2012 (click here to view and/or download theINFINITY Science Center Volunteer Application PDF!)
- Launch the Excel by 5 program in Hancock County to help educate children during their most formative years.
- Establish a Job Generation Low Interest/Forgivable Loan Fund to help businesses grow.
- Target blighted properties for clean-up.
- Establish the Virginia Seal Wagner Fund to plant a tree canopy on Beach Blvd.
Chamber members also help out with festivals and events, act as ambassadors to new businesses, welcome newcomers, and even manage the art gallery in our lobby. Find a committee that meshes with your particular interests by visiting our committees webpage, dropping by the Chamber office at 111 Court Street in Bay St. Louis or by calling (228) 467-9048.