The Chamber’s new Business Resource Center operates five days per week, 9am – 5pm. Click here for information on our free small business workshops.
We also have trained counselors offer resources for creating business plans, information on obtaining financing, and referrals for important information to help start up or grow local businesses. Call (228) 467-9048 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation – you don’t have to be a Chamber member to take advantage of this valuable resource!
It takes the right mix of tools, networking and know-how for small businesses to succeed in today’s competitive environment. Entrepreneurs now have a place they can turn to for help in getting their business off on the right foot:
The Small Business Resource Center offers valuable services to prospective and new business owners, including mentoring in important areas such as financial planning, marketing, and future growth strategies. Workshops, seminars and classes on all aspects of successful business development are offered, and the Center provides guidance from experienced sources in developing business contacts, pursuing government contracts and opportunities, and gaining recognition for your business through competitions and media resources.
With The Small Business Resource Center, you have years of experience and proven strategies for success at your disposal. Give us a call today. We’ve got answers.
Deliverables of the Business Resource Center
- Business Inventory to understand issues and needs and develop supply chains through a case management information system
- Guides to doing business in Hancock County
- Business Planning Counseling (1.5 on site counselors)
- Marketing Support (how to develop a website/social media marketing)
- Data / Research Support (for business plan development)
- Monthly workshops and webinars (first steps, business plan development, financing, marketing on a shoestring, using technology in your business, QuickBooks)
- State of the Art Training & Resource Center at the New Chamber Office
- A/V equipment
- Computer/Internet Stations
- Access to Internet, copying and fax machines
- Library of resources to support business start-ups and expansions
- Teleconferencing and presentation boards
- Meetings and counseling sessions
Created by the Hancock Chamber with support from City of Bay St. Louis and the Economic Development Administration, the mission of this new division of the Chamber is to support and grow small business.
The engine of job creation is small businesses, since they make up 99 percent of all employers —three quarters of all net jobs. There is a need to fuel that engine by giving entrepreneurs and companies the support they need to re-open their doors, recover, expand and hire more workers. Entrepreneurial support is one of the keys to positioning communities for economic success in tough times.
With the economy struggling to get back on track, the country and the county need bright new ideas now more than ever. Unemployment is especially high for young people (17.4 % for 16-24 year olds in September 2011). Encouraging innovation among young people can be an important way for new life to be injected into the economy and help put some young people back to work. A new poll (funded by the Kaufmann Foundation) finds that more than half of the young entrepreneurs in America (18-34) want to start their own businesses but lack the know-how and access to capital to make it happen.
• 54% of young people (18-34) either want to start a business or have already started one
• 38% say they have delayed starting a business due to the economy
• They support actions to increase access to capital, expanding education, and forgiving student loans as a way to increase their ability to pursue their dreams
Barriers to starting their own business:
• Access to credit
• Access to training and information (92% support this proposal)
• Student loans
Young Americans strongly support action on behalf of their leaders to better help them down an entrepreneurial track. The Hancock Chamber Business Resource Center provides the needed resources to help entrepreneurs – of any age.