Our committees are extremely pro-active, making vital changes for the betterment of Hancock County. Here, you can explore the range of projects we are working on and find a committee that suits your own field of interest. We invite you to join up and make a difference! Call 228-467-9048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ambassadors - Our Ambassadors are the face of the Chamber! They attend and assist with events as much as possible and support the Chamber in member engagement and retention.
Beautification – To promote anti-litter campaigns and beautification awards; removes blighted properties with a special emphasis on properties along business corridors; participates inCoastal Clean-up Campaign on third Saturday in October; implements Beautification Awards to businesses throughout the county in Bay St. Louis, Waveland, Kiln, Diamondhead.
Education – Focuses on issues affecting educational outcomes in Hancock County, community education, and community college academic programs.
- Student Scholarships: Working with four high schools, award one scholarship for one senior at each school;
- Bookworms: Continue bookworms program in first and third classrooms in all schools in Hancock County and with Coast Episcopal. Bookworms is a reading program between the business community and first and third grade student. The committee raises funds to purchase featured books for the schools. Click here to become a Bookworms Reader or click here to become a Bookworms Sponsor. A printable reader/sponsorship form is available here, or you can call the Chamber at 228.467.9048.
- Teacher Appreciation: raise funds for classroom scholarships, host Annual Dinner in August
- Classroom Grants: expand the classroom grant program to increase to more than $5,000.
- Committee Guest Speakers: invite community educators to serve as speakers at monthly meetings.
- Support the EXCEL by 5 program
- Effectively engage parents and volunteers in student development
- Work with business owners and realtors to determine how to best inform them about the attributes of private, parochial and public schools to entice newcomers to select Hancock County as the community of choice
- Teacher Appreciation/Door Prize Donation Form
Residential Relocation - This committee takes a holistic approach to residential development through its members, who come from a variety of backgrounds. It consists of builders, brokers, realtors, designers, mortgage lending officers, insurance brokers, retailers, realtors and more! It produces the annual Parade of Homes, which has produced $27.9 million in gross sales in its short 2-year history. It also supports the Hancock My Home campaign.