One of the many programs administered through the Hancock County Community Development Foundation is the Hancock County Heritage Star Program. Founded in 2006 by Chet LeBlanc, this is program was established as a way of honoring people who have made significant contributions to the community. Below is a list of dedicated stars and their locations. Photos and bios are currently under construction and will be added soon.
- Leo Seal – In front of Hancock Whitney at 100 S. Beach Blvd., Bay St. Louis.
- Virginia Seal Wagner – In front of Main Street United Methodist Church at 162 Main St., Bay St. Louis.
- Jody Compretta – Underneath the Jody Compretta archway at the Bay St. Louis Municipal Harbor. 1 Jody Compretta Drive.
- Katharine Ohman – In front of Bay Town Inn, located at 208 N. Beach Blvd., Bay St. Louis.
- Ellis Cuevas – In front of 200 North Beach Restaurant, which is the former site of the Sea Coast Echo, est. 1892.
- Tony Trapani – In front of Trapani’s Eatery at 116 N. Beach Blvd., Bay St. Louis.
- Eddie Favre – In front of Hancock Whitney at 100 S. Beach Blvd., Bay St. Louis.
- Charles Gray – To be dedicated on Saturday, Oct. 14th at 3 p.m. at the Hancock County Historical Society Headquarters at the Kate Lobrano House, located at 108 Cue St., Bay St. Louis.
- Fred Haise – To be dedicated on Saturday, Nov. 11th at 12 p.m.